2016 was a great year for the MTEC team and our clients throughout the Hudson Valley. We upgraded our corporate office from Newburgh to Highland, rebranded from The Hudson Valley Technology Development Center to The Manufacturing and Technology Enterprise Center, and continued to work with some amazing clients!
We worked on many projects including Value Stream Mapping, 5S, Lean Six Sigma, New Product Development, Web Development, Sales Assistance to name a few.
As we wrap up 2016, we wanted to share with you some of our successes!
- A carbon lubrication manufacturer reported a cost savings of $100,000, a $100,000 investment in new products and processes, $100,000 new investment in plant and equipment, and a $50,000 investment in their workforce.
- A manufacturer of spray systems reported a $25,000 investment in new products and processes, a $10,000 investment in plant and equipment, a $10,000 investment in information systems, a $10,000 investment in their workforce, and $10,000 in other investments.
- A precision machine shop and fabricator reported a $50,000 investment in plant and equipment, a $50,000 investment in information systems, a $20,000 investment in their workforce and a savings investment of $15,000.
- A commercial lighting manufacturer reported a cost savings of $20,000.
We have also highlighted success metrics that are not directly associated with sales or investment but simply the efficiency of our clients.
- A manufacturer of infrared optical components achieved their goal of improving internal processes by taking their lens rejection rate from 300 to 50 per week with a continued expected decrease. The company is now also able to process jobs 10 times faster and have achieved their goal of zero reworks all thanks to Lean Six Sigma and 5s implementation.
- A commercial lighting company achieved their goal of increasing sales by reducing their assembly time by 80% and achieving an on-time performance of 95% or better.
- A precision machine shop and fabricator achieved their goal of improving the ISO process and improved on time supplier material from 54% to 95% and customer satisfaction to 94%.
At MTEC, we can provide not only one business change but teach a philosophy that can be applied to an entire company as a whole, making our services invaluable to proactive companies looking to improve operations in many different aspects of the workplace.
We look forward to an even better 2017!